Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Christmas Display

  1. #1
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dad's a pediatrician. The lady who normally does our Christmas decorations left this year for less-than-stellar reasons. When I go home for Christmas, I thought it might be fun to do an AG christmas display in his office - what do you think? Any ideas of what I could do?

    I would also like to think of a way to keep it out of reach of kids - while I don't mind kids playing with my stuff, children at the office can be very destructive and I don't want them destroying my PM Felicity and I can't watch it 100% of the time. Any ideas of how I could keep it out of reach? Has anyone built anything out of plexiglass before? Is it expensive?

    Even if I do the display at home, and not the office, I'd want a way to protect it. Our house will have four cats, three of them under a year. I know from experience kitties can be destructive, too [img]smile.gif[/img]

    What kind of display should I do?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hm, that lattice is a good idea. I don't think any of the office windows would work for that, though :-(. But a plexiglass case is also a good idea. We have a big counter, maybe if it's wide enough I can display the dolls on it and just put a little plexiglass barrier up. The problem with that is my mom wants the office to feel "open."

    Unfortunately, my daddy won't be able to help build it--he's going to be in California (a couple hours from where I am now) getting treatment. He has another doctor employee who is taking over for him while he is gone, but my mom still works at the office and acts as office manager. I guess it's a real family business [img]wink.gif[/img] It's not too big a deal because my mom is the real handywoman of the family. She, with the help of my brothers, actually remodeled our current offic into an office from a house years ago.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It would be really cute if you have some doll hospital gowns. So you can mix "vistors" in Christmas dresses in with the "patients"

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our pediatric dentist's office is a remodeled home. They don't use the front door as an entrance so the small foyer is blocked off with some sort of low gate and is decorated all year. They also have a ribbon across the bottom of the stairs and have Pooh characters all the way to the top of the stairs.

    Is there a similar area in your Dad's office? Even just a shelf out of the reach of the children?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you have a bay window at the office? You could do a window display, and then put up a sheet of white PVC lattice (Depot, around $15) behind it. That would keep people from reaching in from inside the office and provide a pretty backdrop for the display from outside.
    If dad or someone in the family is handy, you could make a big plexiglass box that could be disassembled and stored for next year. It could be used on a table top display. I don't know what it would cost, but daddys will do anything for their little girls, right?!?!
    Whatever you decide, we want pictures!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •